New Horizons Career Services is designed to ensure students are fully equipped to enter the competitive workforce following program completion and first certification. The investment we make is a commitment to provide dedicated career placement assistance through making candidates as marketable and employable as possible. Through virtual workshops and one-on-one meetings, our Career Services team fully supports you throughout your transition from student to IT professional.
Career Services Student Process
Follow New Horizons CLC's board "Career Sevices—Land & Keep the Job" on Pinterest.
- Introduction to Career Services during the Admissions Process through an Admissions Interview to assess student history and background (skills assessment)
- Ongoing nurturing webinars on topics ranging from Resume Development, to Creating your LinkedIn
- One-on-one with a representative on Resume Development with ongoing edits to ensure a capturing final product
- Mock Interviews with feedback to the student on how to improve and nail the interview
- Contacting hiring managers on the student's behalf and "selling" the opportunity to interview the student
- Constant referral to open positions in the student's area as well as a regular e-mail to the student on the application process to those positions
- Following up with hiring managers on the behalf of the student for direct update on the progress through the hiring process
- Exit interviews or testimonials once the student is employed to use as alumni advise